Saturday, May 19, 2012

This is what you want, this what you get...

Sooooooo...the kick to overdrive is beginning- well who am i kidding, its stuck on overdrive alot of the time these days, but when a lecturer said on wednesday, ever so casually "Well at the end of this week, theres only three weeks until you have to present this!" whilst pointing at my big painting which I continue to wrestle with...As I was saying in regard to overdrive, the last week I have been working between the painting room and the spray booth. Bouyed by recent sales of my stencil work, i have been working on the big painting, then dropping the brush, grabbing my mask, gloves and cans of paint and then heading into the spraybooth to pu layers on new stencil paintings- This goes on all day and eventually I feel like i am getting somewhere...The only catch here is that the stencils aren't part of any of my course work, but still it helps to keep me sharp for my brush paintings, so not a bad thing.
Also, Friday night I had the pleasure of catching the Tooth and Nail Print Cult show. I've been getting invited to the Tooth and Nail Shows since the opening and this was the first show I have been able to get to and I'm glad I did...Featuring new work from Jake One Holmes, Josh Searson, Kerri Ann Wright,Jayson Fox and Jake Two Bresanello aka the Print Cult, I gotta say its awesome to see these guys really on top of their game. The work was top notch and if that wasn't enough, if you brought a blank tshirt, they were doing a live tshirt printing and so you could walk away with a ginuwine bonafide souvenir- and in the Tooth and Nail Tradition of giving til it hurts, they did it for all comers completely free of charge. Adelaide needs more people like this crew, getting it together and just doing what they do because they love it...as the print cult sez- Print make every day!!! Anyway, enough of those uber talented kids and back to my own endeavours...I have been producing more stencils as I was saying and as is my habit, I thought I'd whack some photos of my new stencil stuff in progress...
This one isnt too far off now- its looking rather vortex like and has quite a nice feeling of movement to it...
This was a stencil that I was still cutting but I just thought it looked finished and decided I would paint it. In progress, more photos to come.... Anyways, I'll try and post the latest photo of the big painting as well, if I can be bothered...Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment