Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Mechanics of Desire...

This is an update one to show where my big picture is at- as of Friday the 18th of May and to give a better look at the collage elements that I havent shown before...
After hitting the picture with some clarifying white, I had some room to breathe, so to speak and to be able to contemplate my next move. I had an idea at some stage I was going to strengthen the yellow and really start to unify the picture but I didnt know exactly how- that was always going to be something that I would tackle in the same way as I have all the other issues, when I came up against it, a solution would appear. So now I move on to the next stage, to continue to resolve and complete the picture. As always I'll continue to keep posting the progression on this blog- stay tuned...
These pictures below illustrate the collage elements that run across the bottom third of the painting...I am contiuing to build this up but this gives you an idea of what it looks like. As a visual device, it is designed to act as advertisements ar supposed to and draw your attention in. I chose things that I found amusing or mildly offensive and manipulated others, as the advertisers do, for my own purposes. Have a look and see if you recognise any stuff, Im sure you will, if only purely by virtue oof the fact that the average person sees an average of 3000 brands, logos and advertisements in a single day....
Enjoy and remember to keep checking the blog for progress....

No comments:

Post a Comment