Friday, May 25, 2012

same as it ever was...

I am in pain after yet another long, late night stint in the painting studio...we are really pushing to get our work finished and of course this requires dedication and perseverance...we got what it takes however and there is a group of us who can be found at any given time of the day or night, chained to the easel, paintbrush in hand. Without being overly dramatic, of course...
As you can see, there has been quite a few changes on the big one- I'll update the previous blog post which has the progressive photos of this painting- but you may have noticed but I have actually rearranged the order of the panels by swapping the ends- the middle remains the same, but it has brought a very different dynamic...I discussed this idea with my lecturer and after doing it, we both agreed that it gave quite a different visual experience...I think also now with the addition of more yellow, white and blue, the painting really seems to be gelling together. I get the feeling that I'm on the right track with this one and that I may just pull it off yet. My lengthy discussions with my fellow students, in particular John the Generalist, who has been an indispensible help with giving me another informed perspective, have helped greatly toward getting this beast in the bag...
I havent posted pics of this one in a while, i guess because I havent done much on it recently but in the last week I have felt the need to lay down more paint...this is one that I'll continue to overlap layers on to build it up...I like how it's going and it staying true to my original sketches I made when I was in the plane on the way to sydney... Thats it for right now, not sure when I'll post again due to having eight million things to do for school but I'll certainly post new developments as they happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment