Monday, October 8, 2012

So here is the difficult third painting- well a little less difficult now but just getting started on this one was rough...a work in progress naturally, the last layer took such a long time and though I was working with spontenaity, I was being very precise with the application and I felt completely exhausted after what had been some three days of constant painting...For me though, I like where its going and the painting has this feeling of strength...The design has become more geometrical but I think I've managed to keep the energy within the confines of the canvas. especially when I think of those two reds together- really messing with your vision... this painting is also a bit of fanboy tribute to Barnett Newman, the person who helped me plenty with this...
Also, I got selected as a finalist for the Australian Stencil Art Prize for my painting, Atlas II...pictured here...very stoked and looking forward to seeing all the entries at the exhibition!

No comments:

Post a Comment