Sunday, November 4, 2012

Spray Booth Hi JInks

Alright so I've been sort of making tuesday stencil day, just trying to get as much work done as I can, before we get booted out...I have a show coming up on the 9th of January at The Gallery on Waymouth- Im pretty sure it will start around 6pm but more about that when the invites go out...So i been doing stencil work, especially because my paint supplier just got a couple colours that have been out of stock for a long while- there was a particular green that I really liked using as a kind of starting point for a lot of paintings...so here are some pics of the work i been doing- started mixing up the colours with the circular one- I like the play of blue and orange, it seems to really suit this stencil- I always liked the combination of colours
The way I originally started with colours was just to get several shades of the same colour and go at it...Recently i been cutting some stencils- used on this piece with several different greens...
here i am hard at work
Ok so soon I will have new photos of the big ones, I'm doing for my painting class, which are almost finished...hoping that will be mid week, but probably not with the Grad show on wednesday the seventh of November in the light square gallery in of course light square, downstairs in the AC arts building if you are in Adelaide on that evening...And if you are in Sydney on the 21st of November you should come to the Australian Stencil Art Prize Launch and shindig at Chrissie Cotter Gallery in Camperdown and see my painting Atlas II which is one of the finalists this year...so swing by and say hello....

No comments:

Post a Comment