Friday, October 18, 2013

the devil makes work for idle hands....

Busy busy, I’m very busy…and I kinda want to freak out every time someone says- Hey, only FIVE WEEKS LEFT!!! to me like it’s a joke or something…goodness me, whats wrong with these people…Soooo I just got back from Sydney, where I went to the opening of the Stencil Art Prize at the Chrissie Cotter Gallery, in picturesque Camperdown…I was selected as a finalist for the second time and alas, I came away with bupkiss….but hey, whaddaya gonna do??? The winner for the Australian Stencil Art prize was Ralf Kempken, who also won last year with his amazing hand cut stencil works- Ralf has used the stencil itself cut into paper the last couple years and the results speak for themselves. I was fortunate enough to meet him and have a bit of a chat- one of the main drink sponsors this year was Milagro tequila, so I was plenty chatty… So far, my entry, which I featured on my previous blog post, hasn’t sold…so hopefully it does so I don’t have to pay to ship it back to Adelaide! My three big paintings are still coming although I feel a little as though I am at a bit of an impasse. I feel like they need something else, but at this stage, Im not sure what…I think what is required is some sitting and looking ala Mark Rothko... These paintings need to be ready before the Grad show, which you are all invited to on the 6th of November...I will obviously do a post with the invite, all in due course...I will be able to work in my studio- which I wasn't sure whether I said anything last time- but I am now a resident at Mint Artist studios, just off waymouth street...so if you ever in the city and you want to check out my stuff, just text me and I can let you in...Now sleep beckons...

No comments:

Post a Comment